Friday, January 12, 2007

Honesty?

I failed to pass one of my papers in Hum2 because I wasn't able to watch the required material. Why? Because I was absent during our last meeting last year. But don't judge me right away. I did everything I could do to watch it. I even went to UP last Wednesday with that as my only intent. And please consider that a trip to UP for me is almost a hundred peso worth of money and an hour of travel time.

Unfortuntely, I was so stupid to not knock on a locked office door. I thought the audio visual person was already home, as indicated by his where-I-am-right-now chart.

The night before the special deadline set by my prof, I was so torn between inventing things just to make a paper and missing the requirement for the sake of being honest. With the help of my laziness, I decided to not pass anything. I was telling myself that I'd rather look irresponsible than pass a paper that showcases my oblivion about the topic. I'd rather get singko than pass a reaction paper packed with fiction.

This may be haughtiness for some but I call it a principle of mine.

I also sent a email to my prof telling the same story and asking for her consideration so I could pass the following week.

And this was her reply:

"next week then. thanks for your honesty. really appreciate that."

YESSS!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

waw anali talaga?! waw naman! edi mabuti! goodluck sa paggawa ng paper!

hello there said...

kate, parang hindi ikaw yung nagcomment. tunog good influence kasi. hihi

Anonymous said...

HAH. hindi ko lam kung matutwa ba ko sa comment mo o ano. hahaha.

o, nagawa mo na ba paper?

hannah said...

hehehe. kayo talaga. pero kate, onga. XD

hello there said...

KATE! napasa ko na kanina..wheee!