Tuesday, January 09, 2007

It's 2007 Anna Lee. Will you please be a little bit more serious on getting the things that you want?

Hay. New year's resolutions? At first, I wasn't planning on listing any but I figured how bad I had been during the previous year. Let me start the exhibition of this coveted (daa) list by a resolution directly related to what you are reading now: learning to capitalize (Now roll your eyes back to the preceeding statements. Anything that breaks my resolution?).

Actually, that first resolution was just an attempt to make this entry longer. I only decided to plan one change this year: to stop depreciating myself in terms of my artistic endeavors.

During the past year, I had been hiding all the frustrations and fears.

The process of writing this entry is taking quite sometime. Oh no, not because of my capitalizing disorder (althoug it could count). It's because I am not really good at sounding optimistic and in telling the world that I am a pessimist. All I really wanted was to be right and good.

And once again, I am not making sense.

I chanced upon my Hum2 readings during one of my sleepless mornings. There was this article entitled Crafting An Artistic Self. It sounded like a self-help article but I read it anyway.
"Artists are at liberty to truly liberate a 'self' by assuming
extravagant disguises and enacting outrageous behaviors." (ahh..ok.)

Then the next articles were Expressing An Artistic Attitude, Choosing A Mission and the last was Measuring Success. They were like articles you read before you audition for a reality ARTIST(minus the a) search. Or maybe the bunch of things they teach in America's Next Top Model. Some of the points made sense. But as an active reader (and a communication resarch student!), I declined to make them the dogma of how I could be.

1 comment:

hannah said...

"Artists are at liberty to truly liberate a 'self' by assuming
extravagant disguises and enacting outrageous behaviors."


HAHAHA. whata definition.